BSA Motorcycles
 tempest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leaker

44 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  19:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quite a while ago a bsa tempest was in the works. anyone have any info on what became of it or has anyone seen or own one. leaker71 tiger

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  20:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that nothing ended up happening because the bike was going to be to expensive. From memory it was going to be a 750/800cc twin that was going to cost about at least double the price of a new Bonneville !!
I remember reading an article about the proposed project in Classic Bike a few years ago but it never got of the ground.
Scott

quote:
Originally posted by leaker

quite a while ago a bsa tempest was in the works. anyone have any info on what became of it or has anyone seen or own one. leaker71 tiger

Go to Top of Page

leaker

44 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  20:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks scott thismight be of interest. www.bsa.au/html/gallery/tempest
Go to Top of Page

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pictures I saw of the concept bike were ugly ! It had traditional BSA styling ie tank etc but with Norton upswept pipes and an unusual looking motor that was built by another group. Apart from the tank it didnt resemble any Beesa I have ever seen.
The price would have been the real issue. The article I read at the time would have meant the price in Australian dollars was about $30,000 when a new Bonnie was around $13,000 Aussie dollars. Im guessing that that would have been the case in most foreign markets.
The idea was to cash in on the popularity of the new Triumph Bonneville at the time.
Scott

quote:
Originally posted by leaker

thanks scott thismight be of interest. www.bsa.au/html/gallery/tempest

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000