Triumph Motorcycles
 tr6 speedometer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sewerrat

3 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1970 tr6r. I sent the speedometer in to have it rebuilt and when I put it back on it read in kilometers. Do I have the wrong speedometer or the wrong drive? What would be the correct part numbers for both parts?. I am trying to figure out what part to replace to get it to read in mph.
Thanks for the help,
Sewerrat

Grumpy

New Zealand
541 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  15:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Grumpy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess you are in USA hence the need for MPH rather than KPH.
I take it the face plate is still in MPH but the neddle is obviously showing 100 for example when you are plainly doing 60MPH.
If this is the case check out the drive gear box at the rear wheel.
Check you have the right one, if so see if you can swap with a know good one and do a run with that.
If the drive gear is OK I would suggest whoever rebuilt the speedo has used an incorrect part.

Cheers,
Trev
Go to Top of Page

tangerine-jack

USA
709 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  22:04:21  Show Profile  Visit tangerine-jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Need more info, who did the speedo rebuild? Did they give you a warranty? Did you change anything else on the bike- tires or speedo drive? Is your speedo drive on the transmission or the rear hub? Have you changed any tranny gears or sprockets?

Words are so unnecessary!

Go to Top of Page

sewerrat

3 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  20:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
added by sewerrat

I bought the bike used and speedometer did not work when I got it. Sent the speedo to a guy in Georgia to rebuild. It read in kilometers when I hooked it up.t is driven off the rear wheel. I dont know history of bike, I have not done any engine work to it.

I also need a tachometer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000