Triumph Motorcycles
 Crankcase Breather Hose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  23:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know how they attach the clamps that support the breather hose to the rear fender of a 1970 bonneville? I'm not sure whether the clip at the bottom of the clamp is suppose to catch under the lip of the side of the rear fender or if the clip rests on top of the fender. Also, can somebody tell me "in layman terms" how to attach a photo to these messages? You know photos are worth a 1000 words.

Gary
1970 T120R

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2014 :  18:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THe hose is flat on one side. This goes against the fender,with the clip around the rounded part of the hose. I think it is neater to run the hose under the fender with the end of the clip against the lip of the fender. No idea how to attach a photo.
Scott
Go to Top of Page

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  01:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Scott,
Thanks for getting back to me. I realize the hose has a flat side that goes against the fender but the question I have is about the clip or clamp. The clamp has what looks like a hook on the bottom and I'm wondering if the hook is suppose to go under the edge of the fender. I kind of think that's the logical way but it really pinches the hose supper tight. I just bent the clamp a little bit and hooked it under the side of the fender and it looks pretty good. I think that's the way I'm going to do it. It also seems like it's the most secure attachment way. I just don't like drilling a hole in the fender if it's the incorrect form of attachment and the hole should have been drilled in a slightly different location. Oh well, I think I'll hold off drilling the hole for a couple more days to see if somebody knows for sure how to attach the clamp. Thanks again Scott.

Gary
1970 T120R

Edited by - Gary on 08/01/2014 11:57:10
Go to Top of Page

JubeePrince

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  09:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://triumphmotorcycles.typepad.com/photos/1970_triumph_t120r_bonnev/index.html

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike" What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."
Go to Top of Page

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  15:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey JubeePrince, Thanks for posting the pictures. See the little silver clip holding the hose on, it has a hook on the left side as you look at it in your picture. I just can't see if the hook is going under the fender or if it sits on top of the fender. How did you post those photos? Will you please tell me exactly how you did that? I went to the FAQ section under images and it wasn't clear to me what they mean by "enclose the address with one of the following" and then they have some different symbols to use: (img)and(/img); (img=right)and(/img=right); (img=left)and(/img=left). I mean there has to be a simpler way to explain how to post a photo for us layman users.

Gary
1970 T120R
Go to Top of Page

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  20:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went on line and caught a video on YouTube titled: "1970 Triumph Bonnie" by Dave Behringer and it actually had a brief shot of the underside of the rear fender that I could see the hook part of the clamp. So Thanks to you two guys (Scott & JubeePrince)for responding and trying to help. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will.

Gary
1970 T120R
Go to Top of Page

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  08:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hook end of clip will hook onto the lip on the underside of the fender if you run the hose on the outside. Good luck with it.Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000