Triumph Blues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  03:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats happening guys - havent seen a new post for some time?
I cant believe all those old girls are running sweetly and all the rebuilds are done?
It must be starting to warm up in the USofA, so all the old girls should be out of hibernation,Lucas Prince of Darkness should be back at work and the 20/50 should be leaking all over the place!
Let me know
Scott

peterk

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2014 :  16:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott,
Yep, it's been quiet on this blog for a while- I used to enjoy the many questions, problems and (sometimes) arguments!
My bike's been running 'sweet as a nut' recently(yeah tempting fate with that).
Just got through another MOT. My usual MOT station shut down so had to find another. I'd been going there for years and they'd got to know me and the bike quite well. The new place made no allowances for a 45 year old machine -had it on a rolling-road testing brakes etc as for a modern bike. I thought it'd fold in two! Anyway, it passed no problem - phew!
Started 1st (ok 2nd) kick after the winter and ran smooth even with last year's petrol still in the tank.
Sometime ago I started using fully synthetic oil -mobil 1. It then sprang a leak in the timing chain cover. It'd never been a great seal but after sorting that - no problem.

Wonder how everyone else has been getting on?

Pete
Go to Top of Page

rwarner

USA
366 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  15:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

HELLO ALL;

Scott and Pete, after a couple years in the garage,(unemployed/underemployed, and the broken main shaft), things are almost back together. Trans is functional again, new tires, and now the prince of darkness is lurking throughout the ignition. Weak spark, no spark, intermittent spark. Components seem to measure out fine. Of course the battery has been on the charger all this time, and tests good. I'll be cutting into the harness soon.

Only 85* today, but I'm stuck on the porch.

Bob
'68 T120R
Mojave desert
Go to Top of Page

RodH45

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2014 :  17:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. Yep it has been warm for a wile now and I'm so very happy for the warm weather after a very cold winter here in SW Oregon. Been busy with lawn and garden care but plan to fire up the old boy next week and see how things are. Been running so well. After a shakedown run I hope to pop off for a ride to the Oregon coast if all is well. Always stop for a bit of fish and chips at Brookings Harbor. I'm about fifty miles to the Pacific ocean and the ride is through the Smith river canyon and the redwoods. Never get tired of it.

Good to hear from everyone.

RodH '68 TR6R
Go to Top of Page

Grumpy

New Zealand
542 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2014 :  23:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Grumpy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Comming into winter here, lots of rain and frost so stil manage to ride through th ewinter............if the old buggers going.
Blew another head gasket.
3rd one in 18 months, finaly think I have got to the bottom of the problem.
Got out for a quick 100k last week, torqued the head back down, only two head bolts moved.
Going out again tomorrow then one more torque down and all should be well.

Have a new project on the way, not a bike this time but all will be revealed in due course.

Toodle Pip,
Trev

1938 5T Replica
1966 T100 Cafe racer
1959 T20 Cub (in captivity)
Oh and one modern of another marque

My Triumphs don't bleed they are just marking their territory.
Go to Top of Page

don reid

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  00:26:41  Show Profile  Visit don reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i haven't forgotten bout you all. right now, in the middle of a divorce and my rebuild has come to a momentary halt. it's currently sitting at a friend's garage (out of her reach) and waiting for me to get a bigger garage than i currently have. really sucks, but i'll be back into it again very soon with new photos and questions, i'm sure.

bought a 2000 hd road king in november though. had a friend with some health issues and he made me a deal i couldn't refuse. it's been nice to ride, but it feels like i'm cheating on my baby. =)

don reid | 1972 T150V trident 750
california
Go to Top of Page

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  20:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don
sorry to hear about the divorce.

Q What's the difference between an ex-wife and a battery?
A A battery has a positive side! - Beware mate.

Roadking's are an awesome bike - I have a 2003 100 year anniversary model that I bought new and have put 80,000kms on with no problems

Regards
Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000