Triumph Motorcycles
 Need photo of main wiring harness on 70 T120R
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  23:31:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have a photo of the how the main wiring is routed on a 1970 T120R? I obtained a basket case of parts for a this Bonneville and bought a wiring harness for it but not sure how to route it on the bike. I also need to know how to route the oil lines to and from the tank. I've got the work manual but it doesn't show how to do any of the above questions I have.

Gary
1970 T120R

Mike M.

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  20:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I put a new harness on my '71 many years ago I had no idea either other than the main front to back portion of the bundle ran under the cross bar so as is hidden there once the tank is reinstalled. Some of the illustrations in the parts manual will show some of the wiring feeding through certain areas. I bought my harness from B.O. and the way it came assembled and tied off was somewhat helpful as to where the connections went. That plus the color codes on the wire as compared to the wiring diagram did the deal for me. You just have to have a seat there and go through it. Use ratchet straps to tie them down. Can't help with the oil lines.

Mike

Go to Top of Page

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  22:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for getting back to me Mike. I'm new to this forum and didn't realize I had to open up my posted question to see if anybody replied. I kept looking at the front page of the forum to see a reply (real smart). Anyway, I've been going to youtube to see if I could see anything but so far nothing related to wiring. However, I'm really not ready to wire it yet anyway. I just got the frame back from powder coating and just starting to disassemble the engine. I have a T140V engine for the frame but everything else is 1970. The engine was converted over by somebody in the past from left hand shift to right hand shift,(thank goodness). By

Gary
1970 T120R
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000