'68 Bonneville T120R Restore
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

67 T120R

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  15:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would share some progress pictures of a '68 Bonneville T120R Restore that I am working on. I'm very close to completion and it's come along way. I tore everything down (minus engine/trans) and repainted, refinished or just cleaned up. All the black parts are powder coated. Original tank was repainted with the '68 color scheme (pictures to follow). I do have a few questions which I will ask in separate threads. The engine won't be running as I don't have the tools and the friend I'm restoring this for ran out of funds (had to stop work to take care of his sick wife). It will at least look nice sitting in his home though. Hopefully one day we will get it running. Thanks for looking.

Restoring a '68 Triumph Bonneville T120R

RodH45

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  19:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice. Good work.
90% done with 90% to go.

RodH '68 TR6R
Go to Top of Page

peterk

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  17:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Looking good!

Pete
Go to Top of Page

Gary

22 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  00:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you finished the restoration? Post some more photos I'd like to see the finished project if you're all done. Even if your not done post some progress pictures.

Gary
1970 T120R
Go to Top of Page

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  01:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great!
Make sure that you wash the oil tank and petrol tank out thoroughly before using so that any sandblasting grit,paint and any other crap is washed away.If there is any grit in the oil and petrol tanks it will find its way into the engine and cause major damage especially if you are just running the standard gauze strainer. Wash out with a solvent (gasoline is fine) then use soap and hotwater and a high pressure hose, let dry and blow out with compressed air before installing the tanks. If it is going to be some time before the bike is finished do it now (and run some oil inside to preserve)otherwise the cleaning is sure to be forgotten.
Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000