C15 restoration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ATRSS

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  11:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi people, I just got my first restoration project. BSA C15, i think its a 1961 star but waiting to get it certified. going in at the deep end because everything is ceased so its gonna be a long hard slog. I have sent my application to the BSAOC. all Ive done so far is taken the spark plug off and filled it with WD 40. I'll need all the advice I can get because I'm a complete novice and haven't owned a bike for about 40 years. thanks for listening to me ramble on. Alan

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  21:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan. You need to start by getting a parts book for the bike to show you how the various assemblies fit together and a workshop manual that will tell you how to put it back together. Once you have those and broadly understand how the bike works,start pulling it down.
Not sure what standard of restoration you are contemplating,but sounds like a good start would be to remove the motor pull the top end and split the cases to understand what needs to be done. Then the fun begins! Most of the other stuff ie frame, paint etc is cosmetic and you can have a go yourself or get a professional to do the work. The thing you have to be careful of is spending to much money. A little Beeza (C15 = 250cc)is not worth a lot even fully restored. Still its your toy and you can do whatever you like. Scott
Go to Top of Page

ATRSS

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  19:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Scott, its not about the money its just a nostagic little trip but its got to be worth it in the end to see it fully restored. Thanks for your advice I will certainly take it on board. Alan
Go to Top of Page

f scott dundas

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  20:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you google BSA C15 ToGo you will see the work that a guy in the UK did in restoring a C15 together with various links that may be interesting. It may pay you to contact him to discuss.
Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000