BSA Motorcycles
 Attention Gold Star Spitfire Owners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

63GSS

1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  17:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have not already done so, I encourage you all to register your GSS with the Gold Star Owners Club in England. The contact person is Ian Jackson (ralph@ralphtall.com) as he is in charge of all the dispatch records. He can also tell you when your GSS was shipped and where to. If you happen to have a letter of authenticity from the BSAOC or GSOC of the UK it still may not be recorded as "know to exist". I am working with Ian to identify as many as possible.

The consensus seems to be that only a total of 272 were shipped during the 1962 and 1963 model years. Some went to New Jersey, Hap Alzina in California, Canada and 2 went to Mexico. I believe only 6 were shipped during the 1962 model year to Hap Alzina (Iíve identified 5) and I am searching for the 6th one. Unfortunately the dispatch records for 1962 only list Rocket Gold Stars and no GS Spitfires yet at least 5 were sent (based on my research) and listed only as RGS (all 5 do not have pillion loops). 266 were shipped during the 1963 model year as documented in the dispatch records by Ian as they were marked correctly unlike 62.

Iím also searching for one with the frame # GA10 1538 as that was the number on my brotherís bike pictured below purchased new in New Jersey. Picture below was taken in 1964. Also check out my post on the BritBike Forum under BSA Gold Star Bulletin Board http://www.britbike.com/forum/

Geoff Ullmann
San Jose, CA

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
British Only Forums © British Only Motorcycles & Parts Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000